Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A door closes and a window opens - shit-wad edition

After I had to cancel my Charleston money making extravaganza I was feeling...hopeless. No job, no money, no anything. I continued to flail around pathetically on the webcam sites, making $50 a night if I was lucky.

On one lonely night one of my 3 loyal regulars starts mentioning meeting up with me. He lives only a state away and wanted to come see me when I danced in Charleston but we were both thwarted by the hurricane. He suggests that we meet at a hotel halfway and wants 3 hours of my time. I made it clear to him that it would be private dance only and he doesn't seem to mind.

Obviously meeting up with randoms at hotels is dangerous but I had a good feeling about this guy and I wasn't in the financial position to turn such an offer down. We arrange the meeting and it's set. I leave 30 minutes after my boyfriend goes to work and return before 11:00 pm $1,300 richer. He was just as tame as I expected him to be - mostly a needy emotional mess (some how my specialty even though I'm ill-equipped to deal with those).

Of course it is only a momentary fix - fuck, I used to make more than that in a week and it was nothing. Still, it will get us through the month and has alleviated my anxiety for a few days. I passed the first stage of my Wednesday interview and have to go in tomorrow for stage 2. This will be take...4 (?) at attempting a normal job. I was supposed to cam tonight but just didn't feel up to it.

3 comments:

jb said...

It's strange to read your schemings because you don't realize you have a history of failing and when you do see it you don't project it into the future. You are a sociopathic hamster wheel. Condolences.

Anonymous said...

When I read things like this I feel sorry that you are in such a predicament in your life. I hope things have changed for you by now.

Healing Hugs,

Matt

Bathwater said...

Man, I miss blogging and the people I met. Especially now, as my life is in turmoil again. Does anyone still blog?